- Performing independent complex data analysis (such as data manipulation, analysis, mathematical modeling, problem-solving and advanced statistics) requiring the integration of multiple sources, evaluation of data quality, and standardization of data to consistent structure and able to summarize and present data findings.
- Design product and components to meet functional, manufacturability, quality, cost, and performance targets.
- Incorporate prototype algorithms into end user applications/tools using MATLAB.
- Creation of 3D CAD models and drawings using Solidworks/NX following technical standards and material specifications while meeting feasibility and cost targets.
- Writing scripts to collect and analyze data using MATLAB, Python, and/or command line.
- Work directly with customer to produce engineering/manufacturing drawings and bill of material (BOM) from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, solid models, assemblies, and verbal/written directions.
- Conception, Specification and Design of devices and products for server, storage, or network systems, for use in communication devices and data centers.
- Perform 3D Simulation and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on mechanical models and assemblies using Solidworks Simulation/ ANSYS to test adherence to performance specifications and safety parameters.
- Utilize drafting resources to create new tools to carry out work more efficiently, including hardware and software design.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical engineering.
- Proficiency with data analysis tools (e.g., MATLAB, SAS, R, Tableau)
- Proficiency and understanding of core Mechanical Engineering concepts.
- Experience in the automotive domain and a passion for discovery, problem solving and groundbreaking technology.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD and FEA software such as SolidWorks, NX, Inventor, ANSYS.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink programming languages for performance predictions and data analysis.
- Experience with a high-level programming languages Python, Java, and C++.
- Experience with SAS statistical analysis and simulation.